Kindergarten/New Student Registration 2023-2024  School Year Opened January 16, 2023  all registrations received after March 31, 2023 are placed on a waitlist.

 PLEASE READ ALL INFORMATION below.  If you need to register in person please come to the office between 10am-3:30pm,  make sure you have filled out the registration form in advance and bring all other required documents.

You MUST register through your catchment school. To find your child’s catchment school, use our school locator tool

If you require translation assistance to help with registration, the District’s Settlement Workers in Schools department will be offering presentations in multiple languages. See information here.

All registrations are date and time stamped.

As you are aware, the Willoughby Slope area is a fast-growing neighbourhood, and with growth comes challenges for our schools in fulfilling enrolment. Our school and district staff work diligently to prioritize and find placements for students living in each catchment. When that is not possible, due to school capacity, our staff work with our neighbouring schools to find placements for students at other school sites that have spaces available in the relevant grade level.

We understand these circumstances greatly impact our families. As a system, we are doing our best to minimize the disruption on our students and families. We assure you all our schools on the Willoughby Slope have staff that are loving and caring educators who create healthy, safe, and positive learning environments for all students.

 “In the event that the District may not be able to accommodate a catchment student within the catchment school, the student will be placed on a ‘School Placement List’ prioritized by date and time of application. The District will accommodate the student at a neighbouring school until such time as space is available.” (Policy No. 7008)


Work or Study Permits:

If you have arrived in Canada with a work permit, study permit or visitor record, prior to registering at your catchment school, you will need to contact the School District Office at 604-534-7891 or

How to Submit Documents


  • Please submit documents at the bottom of this page. (Please only use Jpeg, Pdf, Png files) This will streamline the process for both parents/guardians and staff. Registration may be delayed if the required documentation is not provided.
  • If you have any questions please email Ms. Davies  
  • If you need to register in person  office hours to register are 10am-3:30pm
    • Please make sure you have filled out the registration form in advance and bring all other required documents otherwise your registration will be delayed.
  • After your child’s information has been received and reviewed, you will receive confirmation email from the school informing you it has been received, along with other information, and further instructions (if necessary)
    • If you are missing any of the required documents, your registration will not be processed until all documents have been submitted.

Registration Form

  • Custody order (if applicable)

    • Parent/legal guardians who have checked off court order on the registration form must produce a copy for student file.

  • Aboriginal Ancestry

    • Self-Identification of Aboriginal Ancestry Form
    • **Please fill out only if student has Aboriginal ancestry – one form per child**
      Aboriginal Ancestry is determined on a voluntary basis through self-identification. This includes First Nations (Status or Non-Status), Metis or Inuit Ancestry. No documentation other than this self-identification is required and the ancestry can go back several generations.

      • If you have copies of any medical documents or diagnostic reports for learning or physical needs, please submit a copy for the school.  Such as, IEP Support – autism, ADHD,  behaviour, challenging medical conditions, life threatening medical condition

  • Student Proof of age –  one of the following; 

    • Birth certificate
    • Certificate of citizenship (need both sides)
    • Court Order
    • Driver’s License
    • Immigration Canada documents (need both sides)
    • Passport
    • Secure Certificate of Indian Status (SCIS), also known as Status Card.

  • Parent/Guardian proof of Canadian Citizenship –  one of the following; 

    • Copy of Approval letter from Langley School District for Work/Study permits.
    • Canadian Birth certificate
    • Canadian passport
    • Canadian citizenship card (need both sides)
    • Secure Certificate of Indian Status (SCIS), also known as Status Card.
    • Landed permanent residents’ card (need both sides)
    • Refugee documents from Immigration Canada (with a copy of the Student’s documents, see above)

  • Proof of residency – One of the following

    • Please note we cannot accept a rental/lease agreement or cell phone bill  only documents listed below
    • The custodial parent/guardian must be resident in BC and should produce one of the following documents listed below. (Please ensure that the date on the document is within the last six months).
      • BC Drivers license
      • Photo BC Services Card
      • Subject free Purchase Agreement (move in date within 6 months)
      • Municipal tax bill
      • Mortgage statement
      • Utility bill (gas or electric)
      • We cannot accept a rental/lease agreement, or cell phone bill.

Family Accident Reimbursement Plan Voluntary Insurance

Families have the option of purchasing insurance for their child/children through the Family Accident Reimbursement Plan Voluntary Insurance. Enrolment in the program can be done online. For more information and to apply for coverage, visit this page here:



  • ***IF you indicated Life threatening or Challenging medical condition***

    If you indicated that your child has a life threatening or challenging medical condition that may require additional supports or training for our staff.

    In order to begin this process, we need you to connect with your doctor to see if a referral for Nursing Support Services is required. Nursing Support Services are community-based registered nurses throughout BC who assist children and youth with medical complexities to live in their homes and in their communities.  While they have many roles, Nursing Support Services also teach and support school staff to assist children and youth with their diabetes care, seizure care and tube feeds. You can find out more about Nursing Support Services here:

    If you believe your child needs Nursing Support Services, we ask you to contact your family doctor to begin the process.

Richard Bulpitt Elementary

20965 - 77A Avenue, Langley
BC, V2Y 2E6
Phone: 604-888-5393
Fax: 604-888-5356